Mark Meadows. leader of the Freedom Caucus, and Jim Jordan, founder of the Freedom Caucus, have both condemned President Trump for increasing the debt limit without gaining offsets to the national debt which is currently 19 Trillion 800 Billion dollars.
Then, Why Hasn’t Congress Passed a Budget in 9 Years!
The Federal Budget is THE Way to Control the National Debt!
Raising the National Debt by Passing A Continuing Resolution is What Really Increases the National Debt Without any Real Accountability by Congress.
President Trump joined with Democrats to increase the debt limit in order to QUICKLY authorize the funding for the Harvey and now Irma Hurricane relief. The President did not want Congress to get embroiled into yet another silly “principled” fight that would result in a delay for the funding and even setting up a government shutdown and possibly postponing relief dollars for Texas, Louisiana, and Florida. 90 of the Freedom Caucus in the House and other RINOs voted against President Trump’s request as did 17 RINOs in the Senate.
The RINO Way-Increase Spending and Complain About the Debt!
Meadows and Jordan try to take the moral high ground as “conservatives” when the issue of the debt limit comes up. BUT, they knew Paul Ryan would follow the lead by his predecessor, John Boehner, and give Obama a free pass to raise Federal Spending and increase the National Debt. Under Boehner/Ryan speakership, Obama and the Congress (both GOP and Dems), the National Debt increased from $10.6 Trillion to almost $20 Trillion dollars. Obama, Boehner and Ryan almost doubled the National Debt! Where were the “conservatives” pressuring Boehner and Ryan to stop the Obama march to national bankruptcy!
Fast Forward to Today
On August 23rd, 2017, Meadows stated that Ryan and McConnell could “could lose their jobs” if they did not back the Trump agenda. Then, on September 8th, Meadows backtracked stating that “I can tell you there is no plan there is nothing there” when asked if he planned to oust Paul Ryan as the speaker.
So, if Paul Ryan, and McConnell have both badmouthed the President at every turn, and have intentionally stalled the Trump agenda, how can the Freedom Caucus not step up and insist on a change in Congressional leadership so Congress can support the Trump agenda?
- How can Meadows and Jordan stand against the President’s request to raise the debt limit and fund the Hurricane Relief efforts so he can get Congress to pass his tax reform and relief plan?
- Where are Meadows and Jordan on insisting the “Wall” be built?
- Why did Meadows and Jordan take the “August Recess” instead of staying in Washington DC and protest the “vacation” supported by Ryan and McConnell?
- How can Meadows and Jordan insist on “Entitlement” reform that include Social Security and Medicare, that were paid for by the recipients of those programs?
- How can Meadows and Jordan not insist that the Trump Budget be passed in order to start cutting back on the federal debt via a balanced budget?
- How can Meadows and Jordan not insist Trump be allowed to pare down the Federal bureaucracies per the Trump Budget when RINOs attack Trump’s cost cutting efforts?
Simple, they don’t understand how screwed up this country is and how disgusted We the People are with political platitudes and high and mighty politicians feeding at the pig trough provided by taxpayers.
WE fully understand that the National Debt may increase in the short-term if the:
- Trump tax cuts take place,
- We have to pay for increased military spending in order to address the failings of past administrations, and we have to pay for national disasters like Harvey and Irma.
- WE also understand that if Congress will get behind President Trump in cutting costs of a bloated, out-of-control federal government, Trump will get the budget balanced and actually start to reduce the national debt.
But, to drape yourself in the mantel of fiscal conservatism while not backing the Trump Budget is the epitome of hypocrisy.
IF the GOP Congress does not rally around Trump, We the People will get behind a movement to “Trump-The-Congress”! The GOP will begin to fade away or merge with the Progressive Left that they so often agree with. The birth of a Trump led “America-First” party may emerge if the Establishment continues to thwart the Trump Agenda.