High Poverty Concentration = High Crime Concentration
Since 1960, Blacks have overwhelmingly voted Democrat in Presidential Elections and have overwhelming voted in Democrat City Councils in large US Cities. Ironically, this shift in voting coincides with the REPUBLICAN passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act! Huh?
The irony is that the percentage of Republican Senators and House members who voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act was 82% and 80% respectively while only 68% of the Democrat Senators and 61% of the House Democrats voted in favor of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. If it were not for the steadfast support of the Republican Party, Lyndon Johnson would never have passed this historic civil rights legislation. BUT. When you look at the chart below, since this vote, Blacks have aligned themselves with DEMOCRATS?
Even more disheartening, is overwhelming Black support for City politicians who have done nothing to improve the economic plight of the inner-city Black community, allowed its schools to turn into war zones while OPPOSING school choice for its Black children.
- Is it really the promise of free government stuff by Democrat politicians that continues to hold sway over the Black vote?
- Is it really the demonizing of “Whites” by Democrats that freezes the Black voting block support by Democrats?
- Are Race-Baiting, identity politics that are utilized by Democrat politicians and community organizers really that effective in convincing Blacks to vote to keep themselves locked into poverty, illiteracy, and crime ridden dangerous neighborhoods.
- Do Blacks really believe that Law Enforcement violence against Blacks are on the increase when in-fact Black homicide at the hands of law enforcement has been reduced by over 70% since the 1970’s? Every use of lethal force by Law Enforcement is lamentable but unfortunately in the vast majority of times is justified.
- Even if you make the assumption that law enforcement is Anti-Black, is that a justification to continue to vote for Democrat Presidents, Governors, Legislators, and city officials who have done nothing to make Black neighborhoods safer, more prosperous, or provide opportunity for Black youth?
- Finally, 24% of illiterate Americans are Black (1) and that illiteracy rate continues to RISE! How is a continued, blind, loyalty to democrat politicians and politics good for Blacks who vote for Democrats nine times more than they do for Republicans?
“Republicans” Are Not Necessarily the Solution”!
To be fair, many in the Republican Party really do not lose a minutes of sleep over the plight of the inner-city! The national GOP has often times not prioritized backing GOP candidates that really care about the plight of the inner-city minorities and the high poverty and crime rates that are impacting those Americans. The GOP has basically written off the Black vote and do nothing to improve the plight of the inner-cities. George W. Bush pushed ineffective generic education programs but did not support School-Choice for poverty ridden inner-city children. What good does it do to “test” school effectiveness while lowering the educational standards!
“Americans First” Can Improve Black and Other Minority Economic, Educational, and Neighborhood Safety
The Democrats and many Elite Republican rail against “America First” and try to convince Blacks and other Minorities that “American First” advocates like President Trump are “White Supremacists”. Why? Because “America First” believe that every citizen should be enabled to achieve their highest potential in order for the whole nation to succeed! “America First” advocates do not support identity politics nor adhere to harsh conservative or progressive “principles’ that only serve to achieve the goals of the elites! “America First” advocates believe:
- That their government promotes a color-blind society where equal opportunity is guaranteed to all of its citizens.
- That the US Constitution protects everyone’s rights and liberties and allows everyone to achieve their full potential.
- That every child deserves to benefit from the best education possible through educational choice.
- That every family deserves to live in a safe neighborhood and live without fear of violence.
- That every person have an opportunity for employment commensurate with their education and personal skills.
- That their government protects its citizens from the influx of illegal drugs from foreign lands.
- That their government protects its citizens from unbalanced international trade agreement that threatens the livelihoods of those citizens.
- That their government protects its citizens from the threat of terrorism from any source.
President Trump asked the Black and Hispanic Communities, “What do you have to lose if you vote for Trump?” While that may send a quick chill up your spine, given that Blacks have suffered economic, educational, and social degradation under Democrat, and many Republican, administrations at the national, State, and local levels, it is a questions all minorities should ask themselves.
In just 9 months under a Trump administration, Blacks have enjoyed their lowest unemployment rates and highest labor participation rates in the past 20 years or more. Blacks and Hispanics should sit down and think through what National Populism would mean to their communities and the lives of their children. Blacks and Hispanics should consider voting their way out of poverty, sub-standard educational opportunities for their children , and crime laden neighborhoods…
“What do you have to lose”?
(1) 44% of illiterate Americans are Hispanic but much of the cause is due to the bi-lingual component of the Hispanic community.