GW Bush has maintained that he did not believe prior presidents should comment on or criticize presidents who succeed him. On October 19th, 2017, the U.S. Military Academy’s Association of Graduates will presented the Thayer Award to GW Bush. Following the acceptance, Bush took the opportunity to bash the current president, President Trump. Obviously, Bush’s principles only apply to fellow elitists and progressive-left prior presidents!
Accuses Trump of Being an Isolationist!
Bush stated in his address, “We’ve seen a return of isolationist sentiments forgetting that American security is directly threatened by the chaos and despair of distant places”, accusing Trump of pulling back from confronting hostile forces around the world and endangering American security. Bush should look square in the mirror and ask himself whether the killing of over 200,000-400,000 Iraqis and 4,487 US Soldiers, with an additional 32,233 US soldiers wounded in action, was worth taking out Saddam Hussein and creating a huge power vacuum in the region and emboldening Iran and Syria. He should ask himself why HE asked General Franks to draw up an attack plan for Iraq just 2 weeks after Franks initiated action in Afghanistan! (Follow this link http://wp.me/pY51c-Qx to “GW Bush and the Ascension of Iran & ISIS“) Then, why didn’t Bush himself create a Status of Forces agreement with Iraq before he left office in order to honor those 37,000+ US military casualties he ordered into battle and not risk throwing away the blood and treasure he expended for a indefensible conflict?
Since Trump took office,
- He has reclaimed Iraq from ISIS that was allowed to take hold in Iraq and Syria due to a lack of a Status of Forces agreement!
- Trump has also stalemated the use of chemical weapons by Syria by sending in 59 cruise missiles as a message.
- Trump has assumed the responsibility to denuclearize both North Korea and Iran, a responsibility abdicated by GW Bush! (Remember, the negotiations with Iran over nuclear weapons started with Bush with no conclusion as he kicked this nuclear can down the road.) Trump is using hard-line tactics to force both North Korea and Iran to disarm and cease their nuclear weapons and delivery systems development. For the first time, both regimes know they are facing a resolute President.
- Trump has actually made NATO members pony up their financial commitments to honor their military commitments in “distant places”.
- Trump has also asked for and received commitment by over 50 Arab and Muslim nations to fight against terrorism and to cut off funding to terror organizations.
So GW, does this sound like a President who supports isolationism? Wise up and pay attention! This isn’t about JEB! It is about engaging the world once and for all and make it more peaceful through strength and engagement.
Accuses Trump of Weakening America and the World by Abandoning GLOBALISM
Bush also stated in his address that: “We cannot wish globalism away… And, we must continue “a wise and sustained global engagement” in order to provide for a secure future for our nation. SERIOUSLY! Your Father gave us the false concept of a “One World Government” that assumes a subservient America! Trump views a strong America as the best way to provide for a secure America and the World.
Bush style globalism is another way of promoting the progressive-left dream of weakening America and spreading its wealth to the rest of the world until everyone is equal. Sound familiar? Maybe, like the socialist/NeoCon world where everyone is equal and there is no longer a need for a strong America. Obama shared this view in spades as does the entire Progressive-left, DC Elites, Democrats, and Republican elites and NeoCons.
The result of the Clinton/Bush/Obama push for globalism is a vastly weakened US economy; a drastic elimination of our manufacturing base; a transfer of our sovereignty to the UN and to multi-party agreements; and a weakening of our moral and social fabric to where all hope was being dashed in the US by the time Obama left office. If Clinton has been elected, this transfer of US wealth and power would have been completed.
Trump rightly believes that Globalism is the mechanism to weaken and destroy the United States as a world economic and military power. He is absolutely right. To restore America to its prior greatness and the reverse the “fundamental transformation of America” that had been shepherded by Clinton, Bush and Obama, Trump has:
- Reversed over 800 industry and job killing regulations that added $9.00 per hour to every American work hour BEFORE THE WORKER EVEN BEGAN WORK AT THE FACTORY. These regulations provided a business killing tax on businesses and forced their production outside of the US.
- Killed the Trans Pacific Partnership and other trade agreements that Bush and his ilk view as “fair trade” agreements. These same agreements has transferred our industrial complex out of the US to our enemies and others at the expense of the American worker. Bush’s idea of fair trade is any deal that benefits our trading “partners” and provides the us with a trade imbalance that benefits those we trade with.
- Withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord as this agreement transferred actual US cash to other nations; imposed strict controls on US emissions; and allowed our competitors and political enemies to ignore environmental controls altogether. This accord was just another mechanism to transfer US wealth to others and level the playing feel that Bush and others deemed good for the world.
- Trump championed an “America First” mantra that is emotional in nature but builds national pride and instills hope into those who have been disenfranchised by Bush and his cohorts Clinton and Obama.
Trump knows that Globalism is another way of saying “America Last”!
Accuses Trump of Being Anti-Immigration:
Bush also stated that America must “recover our own identity,” by committing to “global engagement, free and international trade, and immigration.” How global engagement, non reciprocal trade and immigration add to recovering, rather than diluting, our identity, Bush did not say! He said further, “We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism, and forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America.” Nativism is defined as “the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants” is in and of itself a validation of the Constitutional Rights of American Citizens over immigrants who would seek entry or enter illegally! (We have already discussed globalism and “free trade” above so this section will focus on immigration.)
Bush and his elitists believe in OPEN BORDERS under the guise of “sharing our heritage” and tempering our “nativism” that he feels is detrimental to our future! In reality, these statement are just a further expansion of weakening America by diluting our citizenry who know and live our heritage with others who do not share our heritage nor our vision of America. Also, it is a way for the Elites to bring in cheap labor to bolster the profits of multi-nationals that keep the pretext of doing business in the US but hire non-US workers!
Once you have transferred a great deal of American wealth, manufacturing base, and jobs overseas, all that is left is to bring in outside labor to force the remaining American workers into welfare and out of the workforce altogether. This was almost accomplished at the end of the Obama regime. To complete the destruction of our heritage and our values, mass immigration from countries that do not share Western values will split apart the social fabric of this nation or any nation (see what is happening in Europe due to open borders) and leave it devoid of purpose or cohesion! Once this is done, who will fight to save a nation that no longer exists!
Trump has attempted to reverse the use of immigration, legal and illegal, in the 9 months he has been in office.
- Instigated travel bans until suitable vetting can be devised to screen out potential terrorists and those who would seek to harm this country if allowed entry.
- Drastically reduced the number of refugees allowed into this country and is setting up in-country or neighboring country facilities to temporary accommodate refugees.
- Securing our southern border to stop illegal immigration and drug and human trafficking. Hiring additional agents to secure the border and obtaining funding from Congress to physically build a wall.
- Adding a significant number of immigration deportation judges to handle the backlog from the Bush and Obama regimes. Bush and Obama felt that if they could delay deportations, these people
would eventually just blend in!
Bush Blames US BIGOTRY on Trump!
Bush stated in his address that: “Bigotry seems emboldened, our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication. There are some signs that support for democracy itself has waned especially for the young.”
Bush totally ignores the racism fostered by Obama pitting Blacks against law enforcement and his constant reminder of Black victimhood rather than making any attempts. Further, Obama used Latino immigration as a wedge against citizens to create Latino victimhood at the hands of US Citizens. Bush totally ignored all of these intentional race baiting tactics by Obama and now lays poor race relations and “bigotry” at the feet of Trump!
Since his inauguration, Trump has sought to improve the lives of poorer Black families with jobs and improved economic opportunities. Blacks under Trump have seen unemployment drop by a full percent and Black labor participation rates have also improved by the same amount. As Trump is able to create more jobs in America, he is transforming “Welfare to Work” programs to lift those left behind in our inner-cities out of poverty and into the mainstream.
Trump is also working to provide school choice to those in the inner-cities who are enslaved by a poor education and a lack of opportunity to improve their lot. Trump has also directed HUD secretary Carson to create new housing and ownership programs for those stuck in projects and substandard living conditions. Trump has also tasked the Justice Department with intervening in inner-cities to reduce crime and violence and provide its citizens with a safe environment.
I never heard a word from Bush, either one, pushing for school choice, creating safer environments, providing more jobs and opportunity, or improving housing conditions for minorities in rural areas or inner-cities. I guess Bush was too busy making sure globalism was working for other nations and was invading countries who were not a direct threat to the US while allowing those who were to build nuclear weapons!
The Bush speech is just another attempt by the NeoCons, the Never-Trumpers, the Elites, and the Progressive-Left to destroy Trump before he is able to restore this nation to its position of economic and military dominance and makes the world a safer and more prosperous place for all. If America does not lead, then who does? The European Union? Russia or China? A Middle-Eastern Islamic Coalition? Time to wake up and see the battle Trump is waging on our behalf…
GW Bush needs to reassess his actions as President and his legacy of death and global financial and military instability. While I am sure that he did the best he could, what he left behind was a nation in debt, a collapsing economy, two wars that had been badly managed, and a nation that had lost hope in its future and a view that government no longer cared for its people. And I voted for him twice! Before he picks up another microphone and bad-mouths someone else, maybe a little introspection and humility is in order.