Trump has consistently supported changing US immigration policy, one key segment at a time. Global Elitist support “Comprehensive Immigration” which means codify globalist goals of open borders and unfettered immigration, legal and illegal. Comprehensive anything means make a bill so big no one will read it and so convoluted that no one can figure it out until it is too late. John McCain has now announced that he will oppose President Trump by reintroducing the Global Elitist Gang of 8 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill. Anyone Surprised!
Break the Complexity of Immigration into Manageable Pieces:
- Secure the Border: Trump has reduced illegal southern crossings by over 75% since taking office. He is also building the wall and increasing enforcement through Homeland Security and the Justice Department. He is also beginning to BUILD THE WALL that will include a physical barrier supported by technology barriers to give border patrol agents a heads up of possible border breaches. The physical wall will also inhibit the movement of drugs and continued human trafficking by forcing smuggling efforts to only be able to pass through checkpoints. Trump has consistently stated that he would secure the southern border first and is doing just that.
- Green Card Immigration-Make LEGAL Immigration Merit Based: Yesterday, Trump and Senators Cotton and Purdue unveiled the “RAISE” program to modify the current legal Green Card criteria to be merit based. This program seeks to bring in immigrants who are advantageous to the US economy and limit its impact on the US workforce. It also prioritizes those who will enhance our workforce and not merely flood entry-level jobs. This program also disallows immigrants from being on social welfare programs and limits chain immigration to close family only. This will be difficult for Congress to fight but I am sure they will, including RINO McCain.
- Improved E-Verify Program: Just like Trump did in merging the DOD and Veterans Affairs databases to smooth the transition of our military to civilian life, he will strengthen E-Verify to be more accurate and link to other relevant databases. This will include a Temporary Visa database, social security, IRS and DOJ criminal databases. This will insure that all types of illegal immigrants, visa recipients, and alien criminals are accurately monitored and violators deported from this country. Employers must check this database prior to hiring and can actually be made to eliminate the paper based I-9 program that is labor intensive and paper burdensome. This improvement must be reviewed, analyzed and developed standalone as it is key to the entire immigration enforcement system.
- “Temporary” Visa Programs Modifications: You have all heard about H-1, H-2 visa programs that control the influx of skilled and unskilled workers to work in the US for a period of time. One of these programs (R1) actually controls the entry of religious persons coming into the US under the Visa umbrella. So, the visa program itself is a very complex set of laws that should be segregated and dealt with openly and not buried inside of a “comprehensive immigration plan”. Trump will seek to crack down on blatant misuse of these programs by businesses who repeatedly fire American workers then rehire Visa foreign employees. This is currently against the law and must be stopped. Disney was the most prominent example of this violation. Further, Trump will institute a tracking mechanism for Visa overstays where Visa recipients merely ignore their exit date and remain in the US. This is not difficult to do as the government can cross reference Visa recipients against the social security/IRS payroll data. Further, the Visa recipients can be added to an improved E-Verify system so when employers try to hire a overstay the overstay is flagged as unemployable.
- Reinstatement of “Bracero” (Mexican for manual labor) type Seasonal Work Permits: Prior to the left and their unions killing the 1942 “Mexican Farm Labor Agreement” with Mexico, the US and Mexico benefited from allowing Mexican workers to come into the US and work on a seasonal basis. It also provided for humane working and living conditions. Agriculture thrived under this program as they were guaranteed a stable supply of seasonal labor. Unfortunately it was terminated in 1964 with the burgeoning effort to unionize farm works by the United Farm Works (Caesar Chavez and the National Unions) and was supported by the Catholic Church and the Democrats. Lawful use of seasonal foreign workers for agriculture was replaced by wholesale illegal immigration and the rest is history. Trump will include a version of the Bracero program to allow for a controlled supply of seasonal workers for agriculture and other seasonal industries such as hospitality. The same restrictions for Temporary Visas will apply to verification, monitoring and enforcement.
- Refugee immigration Reform: Trump will also deal with refugee crisis policy for crises that may occur in the future as well as the ongoing Syrian and Cuban crises. His policy will more than likely place its primary focus on relocation of refugees in their own region where possible, even if temporary facilities have to be constructed. Secondly, he will create a mechanism to allow for refugees to come to the US under stringent vetting and assessment.
While there are more pieces to the immigration problems facing the US, these 6 blocks are indicative of the complexities involved and the need to avoid “comprehensive immigration reform” and deal with each of these blocks as individual major pieces of legislation. This will allow the American People to focus on each block and logically assess the relative benefits and issues with each.
This said, Congress is in love with “Comprehensive” anything as a mechanism to mask their giveaways to the lobbyists and special interest groups. Trump will have to continue to go direct to the American People in order to thwart the lobbying by big business, the US Chamber of Commerce and others. Trump’s focus is on the AMERICAN WORKERS and hopefully this will be continue to be supported by the AMERICAN PEOPLE who can force Congress to go along with Trump!