Watching this administration and trying to put your finger on what is trying to accomplish is like herding cats. Cats do not listen; they do not care what you think; they think you are an inferior being; they think your own purpose is to do their bidding… I’ll have to hand one thing to the Obama administration, they have the “pedal to the metal” when it comes to their creation of executive orders, AG legal activities, and their legislative initiatives. Their list of initiatives is almost endless and in every way TRANSFORMATIVE. “We the people…” are trying to use constitutional methods to fight off this onslaught. The problem is that the constitutional methods that we have at our lawful disposal are slow and deliberate by design. The methods being used by the administration circumvent or ignore the constitutional safeguards and deliberations that the Founding Fathers set forth to protect “We the People…” from an obsessive government. Below are just a few examples.
- Interior Secretary Ken Salazar reinstates Drilling Moratorium with “new evidence” in spite of the fact that Judge Feldman held their arguments to be invalid twice before. They know that if they keep pushing the moratoriums forward, the gulf oil interests will go elsewhere. The demurrage costs for leaving rigs idle is prohibitive and the demand by other countries is high.
- Side bar to the Gulf crisis: We loaned Brazil a few billion dollars and they said they were going to use it for offshore exploration. The largest oil company in Brazil is Petrobras and the Soros (George Soros) Fund Management has invested $637,000,000 in the company. Gee, Salazar poses a moratorium on our offshore drilling; we loan Brazil billions to invest in their own off shore drilling; Soros is a major stockholder in Brazil’s largest oil company. Must be a coincidence?
- Obama’s Healthcare takeover is probably the #1 transformative act of his administration and if it stands the court challenges will probably go down as beginning of the end of the United States as we knew it. (This will be the subject of another article this week) It is amazing that we allow our politicians to come up with phony slogans that we swallow hook, line and sinker. The line was basically that healthcare costs are out of control and are consuming one sixth of the economy. SO WHAT! We as a nation have the lowest food costs with the highest quality so we don’t spend much on food; our retailers such as Walmart are responsible for retail goods to be at zero price inflation or close to it for years; our oil and gas industry, in spite of government meddling and taxing, have kept energy costs down; our technology sector provides us with higher performing computers, phones etc at increasingly lower costs. All of these factor in when calculating the percentage of our income we spend on healthcare. We also have the longest life spans and the lowest mortality rates for most of the serious diseases. The real bottom line is that Medicare/Medical are the driving forces behind increased healthcare costs and those programs are going to be the model for the national healthcare. Once again, government creates the problem then rides in on their white horses and “fixes” the problem.
- Obama uses a recess appointment to insert Dr. Donald Berwick as the next Chief of Medicare and Medicaid. Recess appointments are fine but Berwick has never been “presented” to the Senate for formal “Advise and Consent” approval. This comes at a time when the New Healthcare Law’s regulations are being written. Berwick will be instrumental in formulating health care policy for years to come for seniors and for our most needy. (BTW, he loves the British Healcare Model.) That is a lot of power for someone who has never been vetted…
- The Financial Reform Bill seems to be sliding through Congress and will apparently be approved with 3 New England republicans caving in. This is another give away to Wall Street and helps to insure perpetual bailouts. Why else would it create a bail out “fund”? (hope it is more secure than the Social Security Lockbox) Further, when the esteemed Senator Chris Dodd admits that “No one will know until this is actually in place how it works.” Wall Street and the large banks must, their stocks all went up. This is from the same Senator who repeatedly said, along with the co-sponsor of the bill in the house, Barney Frank, that Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac are sound and are not in danger of collapsing. This is as late as 2008. To make it worse, both Congressmen denigrated the regulators that were charged with overseeing both of these two organizations. So when it comes to regulation reform, the “Chris and Barney” enterprise is not the one I would bet on as being a safe investment… You can bet that Wall Street and the major banks are ecstatic, after all they help write most of the 2,000+ pages that no one will know how it works while our elected officials are voting on the bill. Check out the YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63siCHvuGFg that basically lays out the timeline and the players in the current financial crisis. SURPRISE, it is the same people who are now “fixing” the problems.
- NASA director Charles Bolden’s revelation that Obama tasked him; “…to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science and engineering.” Talk about transforming our space program. Last I checked even the “Arabic Numerals” were invented by Indians (from India) so for those on the left who love to hyphenate everything we should at least say “Hindu-Arabic numerals”. The former being the inventor and the latter being the marketer! We should be proud of NASA and our accomplishments and also of the vision of John F. Kennedy who really jump started NASA, JPL etc.
- The Arizona Immigration Law (1070) and the subsequent lawsuit by the Obama administration is a true piece of genius. (See prior article: AZ 1070 – Holder Sues the Wrong Entity) Holder filed the lawsuit based on the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution, against a border state trying to defend the boarder and help the US Government perform its duty to protect our borders, but neglects to file a lawsuit against all of the Sanctuary Cities and Counties in the US who are DEFINITELY violating the Supremacy Clause.
- Race relations have been dealt a serious blow under this administration. The hope was that this president would be the “uniter” he promised to be but has turned out to be quite the opposite. Their idea of transforming race relations is to pit one group against another. As an activist for the Civil Rights movement in the 60’s, and a white male, I take exception to rhetoric that racism is rampant in the white communities. This tactic is divisive, destructive, and one that will lead to nothing positive. The administration is destroying race relations through a concerted and orchestrated effort.
- Holder will not criminally prosecute black defendants:
- Black defendants against white or whatever non black victims in voter intimidation cases.
- Black intimidation, by black SEIU members, against another black at a town hall meeting in St. Louis.
- Obama does not come out and condemn hate speech by the New Black Panthers nor condemn speech by Reverend Wright or Louis Farrakhan.
- Michelle Obama revved up the NAACP convention today and stated that: “So I know that I stand here today, and I know that my husband stands where he is today, because of this organization (NAACP) and because of the struggles and the sacrifices of all those who came before us.” She could have used this occasion to point out that the organization (NAACP) was founded by a group of African American and WHITE Americans; (many were Jewish Mr. Farrakhan and Mr. Shabaaz), but all were working together. This organization became the starting point for the codifying of the Civil Rights movement that culminated in the 1964 Civil Rights Act. African Americans did not accomplish this in a vacuum and especially were not aided overwhelmingly by the Democrat Party. In the Senate, 69% of Democrats voted for the bill while 82% of the Republicans voted for the bill; in the house, 63% of the Democrats voted for the bill and 80% of the Republicans voted for the bill (Senate version voted on by the house). The Senate filibuster was supported by Strom Thurmond, D-SC, who said: “This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress.”
- Holder will not criminally prosecute black defendants:
I don’t know how else to say what I am about to say except to just say it. Whether we voted for Obama or not, most of us were at least somewhat gratified that we as a nation could elect a person of color to the highest office in our land. However, it appears that his legacy will be fraught with failures, documented by a disdain for the core goodness of this nation, accentuated by a blatant policy of divisiveness, and for spearheading a total departure from our founding Judeo-Christian belief system. I don’t think he will be known as a president who permanently damaged race relations in the US or the one who set back all of the historical civil rights gains that we have made. I do think that his legacy will cause most voters to look beyond the color of the next African-American presidential candidate and really ask who this person is. Maybe that is not a bad thing. As Martin Luther King said in what is arguably one of the best known oratories of our time;
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”