As you were growing up, you created a set of truisms, hopes, and beliefs that have probably been shaken and even overtaken with a deep-seated cynicism of the world around you.
- Do you really believe that your Senators or Representatives really care about doing the right thing for you or do you believe that they are solely looking out for themselves?
- Do you really believe that justice is truly blind and that everyone seeks and receives the same level of justice or do you believe that the rich and powerful are never brought to justice the way you or your peers would be?
- Do you still have beliefs in institutions like you have in the past?
- Do you believe the FBI is totally impartial when they investigate political or social opponents and do you think they would never seek to interfere in an election or try to destroy the President of the United States or other political/social opponents?
- Do you believe the Department of Justice is totally impartial when they decide who to prosecute and do you think they would never seek to use the threat or actual prosecutions as a way to interfere with an election or use prosecutions to destroy the President of the United States or other political/social opponents?
- Do you believe that the IRS only seeks to apply our tax code fairly and impartially and would never use its power to discriminate against political/social opponents and would never stonewall tax exempt status reviews to stifle would be organizations that are contrary to the positions of the current IRS and the current Administration?
- Do you really trust the DOJ/FBI, CIA, DIA, and the NSA to always restrain themselves from using their powerful surveillance capabilities against US citizens or their political/social opponents and that they would never use these powers to interfere with elections or to destroy an elected President or other political/social opponents?
- Do you really trust your priests to follow their vows of chastity and purity when dealing with parishioners and their children and to always put the best interests of their parishioners ahead of themselves and to never seek to use the power and sanctity of their position to coerce sexual acts from adult and adolescent parishioners?
- Do you trust all of the “news” outlets, reporters and pundits on TV, the Radio and in Newspapers to bring you comprehensive, unbiased, and truthful reporting devoid of political/social bigotry and to never misreport, under report, or completely prejudice their reporting with their own prejudices and biases?
- Do you hold many Sports, Movie, TV and Music Stars in high regard and in fact think of them as role models for yourself and your children and believe that they would never do anything that you would consider as immoral, illegal, or politically/socially corrupt?
I could go on for hours but I am sure you can think about many other examples of people and institutions you once held in high regard but now only feel disgust and betrayed by those people and institutions. It is part of our nature to seek those who we can look up to or to think of some organizations or institutions as sacrosanct or hallowed. It is also part of our nature to feel betrayed and abandoned by those same people, organizations, or institutions who act contrary to how we believe they should and then to feel crushed and demoralized by the world at large.
Enter Donald Trump!
For a Trump Supporter, June 16, 2015, marked the date when they heard someone say things that echoed the truisms, hopes, and beliefs that they embraced as they grew up. That someone was Donald J. Trump who was unafraid to be politically incorrect, stand for America First, and most of all put you back into the phrase, “We the People”. He spoke plainly and directly to your beliefs, sense of fairness, and to the free principles that you thought were long-lost. In short, you replaced your cynicism with faith, confidence, and hope that the America you grew up in and the values and freedoms it promised could be resurrected and the country made whole again!
Since his election, President Trump has fulfilled not only the promises he made to each of you, but has changed your hope for America into a personal reality, regardless of your race, nationality or religion. He has once again empowered you to create the destiny for yourself and your family that you seek and not one that is imposed on you by government and others. He has stood against a corrupt media, corrupt political systems, and corrupt government institutions. He continues to fight and fight hard to maintain the values he has fought for and to thwart a constant barrage of criticisms, bad press, lies, and attacks from all quarters.
I kind of feel sorry, (OK I just got over it), for those on the left who are mired in the abyss of cynicism and despair. Who believe that only government and their leaders can make them happy and provide them with all of their needs, and they are needy! Those who freely give up their personal freedom in exchange for the false sense of security provided by corrupt politicians and institutions hell-bent on peening them into submission and a life devoid of self-worth.
The optimism and enthusiasm of Trump Supporters completely confounds those on the left and their complicit and corrupt media. They confuse God-given rights and faith with their own source of rights and faith that is rooted in “men” versus the power that lies within each of us. Trump supporters don’t look to Trump as their source of self-esteem but look inward to their God-given strengths, rights, and freedoms to live life as they see fit.
Trump is merely the catalyst that has allowed this re-birth to take place. TRUMP SUPPORTERS HAVE FAITH AS THAT FAITH IS OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR CREATOR!
Our Founders knew that they were creating a vessel that could hold all of the aspirations of its citizens and provide a pathway to personal fulfillment. They also knew that this vessel was only as strong as the “clay” that formed it. That clay was made up of free, determined, and hard-working people who would not be molded into a false shape. Trump merely took the lid off of the vessel and let “We the People” out!