Overworked Congress! NOT
Typical Senate Floor Scene Where Nothing is Happening!
President Trump is teaching Congress and this nation that we better learn to Walk-And-Chew-Gum at the same time or we will perish as a nation. Immigration Reform, Infrastructure, Opioid Crisis, School Safety, Welfare Reform, Fair Trade Restructuring, VA Reform, Healthcare Reform, Korean Nuclear Crisis, Syrian War, Iranian Nuclear Program, Middle East Peace, Afghan War, Stabilizing Iraq, Crushing ISIS, the War on Terror, are all on TRUMP’S FRONT BURNER! All this while Mueller, two committees in the Senate and two in the House are investigating Trump, his administration and his family for any possible wrong doing they can find using “Russian Collusion” as their cover…
Congress however, has trouble tackling even one of these at a time!
Last week was a perfect example. Following the school shooting in Florida, Trump held a series of meetings with school children, their parents, law enforcement officials and elected officials to discuss the tragedy and preventative solutions. A day after one of Trump’s summits when he called for Congress to act, Mitch the Turtle McConnell, announced that the Senate could not possible take up school safety as they had to concentrate on BANKING next week. Seriously, kids are being killed and you are worried about the FDIC!
This nation is suffering from a chronic case of DEFERRED MAINTENANCE. There is not one single thing I can think of that works the way it should in government at all levels.
- The FBI ignores a tips that could have saved 17 people in the Florida shootings; Broward County adopted the “Promise Program” that kept them from arresting the Florida shooting one single time out of almost 50 confirmed complaints;
- We have at least 3 federal circuit courts that think they are Congress and are above the President;
- We have and FBI and a DOJ that is so politically corrupt that the almost got away with rigging the last election;
- We have a federal water policy that is crippling our agricultural output; we have almost a trillion-dollar trade imbalance that robs a trillion dollars out of our GDP every year;
- We have had at least one law enforcement killing per week since the first of the year and Obama’s 8 years of bad-mouthing our police;
- We are being challenged every day by North Korea, China, Russia, Iran, ISIS, Terrorists, and others while we have a depleted military and support infrastructure;
- We have not passed a real budget in 10 years! Trump proposed his on time and so far Congress has not done a thing to pass it!
- We have a main stream media that is so Anti-American that it is helping to destroy the very fabric of this great nation.
- And I could go on for days!
The Republican Congress needs to step up and start passing Trump’s agenda and doing so on his timetable, not theirs! The Senate needs to grow up and return the Senate to a 50 vote majority and vote on the backlog of legislation awaiting them from the House. The Senate needs to vote up or down now on all of Trump’s appointments. It is criminal that they have not even voted on our ambassador to Germany!
And, Congress needs to stay in session and do their job! They are all worried about the 2018 Mid-Terms. News flash! IF you don’t pass Trump’s agenda, you won’t have to worry about the 2020 election as you won’t be in office!