It is about the People, Not a Document
Rush and Levin are trying to figure out why we “conservatives” aren’t supporting Cruz but are rather going for Trump. Rush this morning quipped (Paraphrasing) if people want conservative values, we finally have someone in Cruz who can deliver. Further, we need to protect the constitutional values and our principles. (I think I am pretty close in paraphrasing him.) David Limbaugh and Levin have also expressed similar sentiments. Levin has even resorted to calling those of us who really are conservatives and live our lives as conservatives as, (to be kind), uninformed or misguided!
Consider the actual people suffering in the following situations, and many find themselves in more than one.
-IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 95,000,000 WHO HAVE GIVEN UP LOOKING FOR WORK;
-IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 60,000,000 WHO ARE ON FOOD STAMPS;
-IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 12-50% UNEMPLOYED (depending on your demographic and using the U-6 Rate);
-IF YOU ARE A VET WHO HAS BEEN WOUNDED IN COMBAT BUT CANNOT GET ADEQUATE CARE AT A VA;
-IF YOU ARE A SPOUSE OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBER WHO HAS LOST SOMEONE IN COMBAT;
-IF YOUR KIDS HAVE GRADUATED FROM A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY WITH $50,000-$250,000 In debt;
-IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE STUCK IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY’S VALUES.
-IF YOU LOST YOUR HOUSE, OR YOUR RETIREMENT; OR YOUR SAVINGS, OR ALL 3 DURING THE “CONSERVATIVE”/”LIBERAL” RECESSION IN 2008;
-IF YOU ARE A SENIOR WHO SEES THEIR MEDICARE PREMIUMS RISE, THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY BEING EATEN UP WITH INFLATION, WITH NO RELIEF IN SITE;
-IF YOU ARE A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER WHO HAS HAD TO CLOSE YOUR DOORS DUE TO EXCESSIVE REGULATIONS OR REGULATORY COSTS;
-IF YOU ARE A MINORITY IN AN INNER CITY SUBJECT TO LETHAL VIOLENCE EVERY DAY;
Then a piece of paper or a vague concept called the U.S. Constitution does not really matter much to you!
BECAUSE ALL OF THE SO CALLED CONSERVATIVES HAVE SOLD US OUT TIME AND TIME AGAIN AFTER WE HAVE VOTED FOR ALL OF THE CLOWNS YOU HAVE ASKED US TO SUPPORT. WE GAVE YOU THE HOUSE AND SENATE,
YOU “AIN’T” “GETT’IN” THE WHITE HOUSE. WE ARE!
LEVEN AND THE LIMBAUGHS ARE INDEPENDENTLY WEALTHY, WE ARE NOT
Trump is a Populist Candidate espousing Solutions that are grounded in Conservative Solutions.
- A conservative would cut taxes and allow the middle class to have tangible tax relief;
- a conservative would secure the border;
- a conservative would build the wall at the border even if it is somewhat symbolic of our commitment to secure our borders;
- a conservative would deal with the 11,000,000 illegals and make them accountable for their past indiscretion;
- a conservative would protect America first by devising a plan BEFORE allowing Muslim immigrants/refugees to enter the country un-vetted;
- a conservative would stop allowing foreign labor to compete with our own people by stopping the H-1x Visas;
- a conservative would stop allowing trade agreements that were antithetical to American interests;
- a conservative would revisit and renegotiate NAFTA, TPP and all other global trade agreements.
- a conservative would create a review process for all of our old alliances and treaties such as our Membership in the UN, NATO, SEATO and all others. National-Self Interest would be the guiding principle.
- a conservative would rebuild out military to a status of real, known strength;
- a conservative would base our foreign policy on US National Self-Interest;
- a conservative would base our foreign aid so it supports our US National Self-Interest;
- a conservative would rebuild our VA system from scratch and privatize major portions of Vet care.
- a conservative would eliminate the EPA, the Department of Education, and the Department of Energy. Congress and the President can set policies that do not need the support of bloated federal bureaucracies who merely perpetuate themselves;
- a conservative would revamp the Federal Reserve and our banking system that was responsive to the need to protect we the people and not the big money interests of this country.
- a conservative would send back control over education to the local school boards, including control over teachers and curriculum.
- a conservative would stop mandating unfunded liabilities onto our State and Local governments. Pass a bill, Pay for it!;
- a conservative would institute block grants to State and Local Government without strings attached;
- a conservative would realign the bloated Homeland Security monstrosity that has been created and streamline our foreign and domestic intelligence communities and rebuild our IT capabilities to 21st century standards.
- a conservative would rid this country of drugs and treat the addicted.
- a conservative would create a homeless program with the goal to get the homeless off of the street into humane care help them out of this downward spiral.
- a conservative would encourage faith-based charities to work on all of our social programs to help the addicted, needy, homeless, single parent families etc.
- a conservative would make sure that our Bill of Rights were protected at all costs and defenses.
- a conservative would appoint conservative judges to not only the Supreme Court but to all of the lower courts (unlike GW, his father, or even Ronald Reagan);
- a conservative would suspend immigration, or at least significantly cut it back, until our current immigrants can be assimilated;
- a conservative would engage the people in the governing of this nation and use the bully pulpit to convince Congress to support his or her programs;
- You, the so-called Conservative vanguards, have given us candidates like Orin Hatch, John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and basically very republican in the house and senate, and have allowed them to run spouting off conservative values, then when elected, it is left-wing support for their donor class and the Republican insiders.
- Ted Cruz: we all gave Ted Cruz a shot at being our candidate. We held Cruz to the standard that he set for himself, Christian, conservative, honest and TRUSTED! Then when he started with campaign antics such as the Carson disinformation during the Iowa Caucus, the use of the “official” voter violation notice, and trying to ascribe values to candidates not based on their current views or actions, but on their past views and actions, we see that as hypocritical, non-Christian, and certainly not upholding conservative values. We expected more and got business as usual. Ted Cruz has always been a good lawyer and a good opposition Senator. But, WE ARE NOT SURE HE CAN LEAD! WITHOUT LEADERSHIP, HIS VIEWS ARE IMMATERIAL!
WILL TRUMP PERFORM AS THE POPULIST CONSERVATIVE HE PURPORTS TO BE?
***–WE ARE TAKING HIM AT HIS WORD–***
THE SO-CALLED CONSERVATIVES WE HAVE SUPPORTED IN THE PAST ARE A SURE THING TO LET US DOWN SO WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE WITH TRUMP.
HILLARY OR ROMNEY ARE NOT ALTERNATIVES FOR US!