There is very little common sense coming out of Washington DC regarding the crisis in Egypt and what our role, and indeed the role of all civilized societies, should be regarding Egypt. The Obama Administration set up the downfall of Mubarak and the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood to political power. Obama is still trying to force Muslim Extremism onto Egyptian society by pressuring the Military in Egypt to temper their response to the Muslim Brotherhood. Then you have our inept Republican hacks who can’t stay away from a TV camera or a Sunday Talk Show screaming that we have to pull all aid our of Egypt. Most of the Democratic hacks can’t figure out who to back or what to do!
How About We Do the Right Thing for Egypt, and the Right Thing for the US? (For a Change)
- Muslim Brotherhood = Terrorism: The Muslim Brotherhood is an International, Radical Islamic group hell-bent on establishing Islamic Republics, NOT DEMOCRACIES AS OBAMA KEEPS SAYING, all over the Middle East and the World.
- International Muslim Brotherhood: The Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated all western countries through the spread of the MUSLIM STUDENT ASSOCIATIONS, that are student fronts for the radicalization of whatever country they have infiltrated.
- Nature of Egyptians: The Egyptian People themselves are NOT radical. They are extremely POOR. Egypt is the largest importer of grain in the world.
- Egyptian Military: The Egyptian Military, by and large, are the people and the only “political” group who has the overall best interest of the Egyptian people.
- Egypt’s Poverty Problem: The majority of the 83,000,000 plus Egyptians live on $2.00 per day without any prospects for improvement in spite of the industrious nature of the people.
- Egypt’s Stable Past: Egypt has been one of the few stable, Western Friendly, nations in the Middle East and the only Arab nation with a treaty with Israel.
- Role of Tourism: Tourism is one of the very few sources of Free Foreign Currency for Egypt and with the radicalization of the country via the Muslim Brotherhood tourism is at an all time low.
What the US and Civilized Nations Need to Do NOW!
- Stand Behind the Military: Our President needs to stand before the world and say that we are standing behind the Military and will work with them to establish a non military government as soon as the country has been stabilized politically and economically, No artificial timelines nor demands for new constitutions. Egypt needs some breathing room
- Economic Vs Military Aid: Western Civilization, especially the US, needs to create an Aid package that is economic and focuses on providing the Military Government with food to feed the Egyptians then coupled with a solid US-AID program to develop the hundreds of thousands of acres along the Nile and south and west of the Aswan Dam for food production to PERMANENTLY lift the Egyptians out of poverty. Egypt has that rare combination of land and water that can be developed for the good of the entire region. Egypt has been historically an agrarian based culture and we need to help them re-establish those roots.
- War on Terror Based Military Aid: Western Civilization needs to create a Military Aid program that focuses on providing less of outward focused military to a military that can protect Egypt from internal terrorism, including that from the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Give the Military and the People Time: We need to make sure the military has sufficient time to sit down with legitimate factions inside of Egypt, excluding the Muslim Brotherhood, and formulate their own government structure which may or may not be our idea of a democracy. We forced the military before, after the hasty ousting of Mubarak, to have elections and put on a pretense that Egypt was back to normal. What hypocrites we are. It took the US over 12 years to come up with our new government after declaring our independence! Egypt needs time for the internal political groups to coalesce and form.
We need to stop the political rhetoric in our country regarding what the Egyptian People need to do. They are intelligent and they can and will figure it out if the US, the UN and Europe stays out of their internal “birthing” of a new society. Micky and Minnie Mouse, McCain and Graham, need to stay off of the talk shows and stay HOME! Not a one of these politicians have ever lived among the Egyptian people or been over to one the homes of a middle class Egyptian and attended one of their kid’s birthday parties. I have. We need to do our part to make sure Iran and the Palestinians do not export their Islamic radicals to Egypt to further exacerbate the internal problems facing Egypt today.
Alas, I do not believe Obama nor our Republican or Democrat politicians will do the right thing in the end. Obama is bent on establishing radical Islamic regimes throughout the Middle East and heaven only know what the rest of these politicians are trying to do.