The Community Organizer In Chief pulled out all of the stops yesterday in his charade of proposing meaningful solutions to solving gun violence in America. He was surrounded by Children, he invoked emotions regarding Gun Violence, and he then proceeded to say absolutely nothing that would have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings! This is typical of a Left Wing ideologue and he was fully support by his employees in the press. He said absolutely nothing about the media voilence of games, movies, TV series, nor did he propose that schools would be provided with armed officers at each school to help prevent another tragedy. There are 28,000 schools in the US that have armed officers and none of these have been attacked. All three of this years tragedies have two things in common, they were all in gun free zones and in states with strict gun laws. The President also lied when he said that 1.4 million applicants were denied gun purchases due to STATE LEVEL background checks. The truth really is that the background checks identified 1.4 million applicants to be reviewed and 94% of these were cleared within three days! He also missed the opportunity to allow all states to adopt background checks AT THE STATE LEVEL but instead did his usual power grab and is proposing a Federal Background Check system.
What the President did do was empower Kathleen Sibelius to control guns within Obamacare and made doctors responsible for interviewing their patients on guns in the home and made this reporting mandatory via Obamacare. Further, he empowered the Department of Education to create an anti-gun campaign in the schools rather than teach responsible gun ownership. The goals are to turn doctors against their patients and kids against their parents if they own guns. This is a typical Progressive/Communist tactic that has been employed by Obama.
Here are the 23 points that Obama outlined and our response to those points.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background-check system.
Response: This will provide data into the national database that totally consolidates every piece of information the government has on you and your family. This includes any information that may have been gathered using the Patriot Act all the way through Obamacare and the Gun Check. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background-check system.
Response: Empowers Katherine Sibelius to write whatever regulations she needs to take all of the State’s info on you. The Federal Background check system has not been defined so there is NO limit on what data is included… This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Response: Read this to mean that make sure we can punish any State or State agency who refuses to participate with the Federal Background Check program. The guns used in gun violence this year were obtained outside of the scope of a background check. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Response: The current categories were set by Congress and duly signed into law by a prior administration. This would give Eric Holder sole authority, albeit unconstitutional, in creating new categories to be excluded from gun ownership. For example, Holder could add NRA members as a category. This may sound farfetched but then again so is a law that forces a Free citizen to have to buy government mandated health insurance. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
5. Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
Response: First of all, what is a full background check and why was the gun seized? Law enforcement can run criminal checks now on any suspect for any reason. What is the scope that will be expanded? This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
6. Publish a letter from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
Response: These checks are currently under State control and regulated under State Control with excellent training of gun vendors on what is required to be submitted to State Agencies in order to conduct a proper background check. THIS IS ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO ELIMINATE STATE’S RIGHTS AND CENTRALIZE A FUNCTION WITHIN FEDERAL BUREAUCRACY. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings. The gun dealer in Aurora reported this killer to the authorities after REFUSING to sell him a gun.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
Response: First of all, there is no need for an EO to do this. All the President would have to do is tell the ATF to do this. Second, anyone who has gone through the gun purchase/registration process and gun safety programs already have sufficient skills. Plus, the shooters at Newtown and Aurora obviously did not need any more training on how to use a gun! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
Response: Pure fluff. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
Response: Maybe the President should get up to speed on criminal law and procedures. This is already done except guns collected if there were used in the commission of a crime are destroyed! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
10. Release a Department of Justice report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
Response: Pure Fluff. How are you going to analyze lost or stolen guns as you have no idea where they are? Second, if they are used in a crime, you have already tracked them! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
Response: Mr. President this is already your job to nominate cabinet and sub cabinet appointees! Just do it! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
Response: This is already in place. Do you really think a bunch of Washington bureaucrats can teach local law enforcement how to handle local crisis situations! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Response: Good idea but Obama has a lower enforcement record on prosecuting gun violence than any other president in modern history. How about cleaning up your home town of Chicago that is subject to horrendous levels of Black on Black violence of teenagers and young black youth. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
Response: This has been prohibited by law and flies in the face of current, adopted legislation. Further, there are countless studies that have been done but the left does not like the answers, like the assault rifle ban did nothing to curb gun violence… This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
15. Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun-safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
Response: Maybe Eric Holder could employee tracking tactics that allowed him to lose thousands of guns he unlawfully let go into the hands of drug cartels in Mexico via Fast and Furious. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Response: Actually Obamacare does prohibit requiring Doctors to collect info on Guns in homes. Further, physicians are not gun specialists nor is this any of their business! Just tell you doctor that it is none of his or her business! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
17. Release a letter to healthcare providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
Response: Actually Obamacare does prohibit requiring providers to collect info on Guns in homes. Further, healthcare providers are not gun specialists nor is this any of their business! Just tell you provider that it is none of his or her business! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
Response: What is the definition of a school resource officer? If these are not specified as armed, trained law enforcement personnel this is just another gift to Teachers Unions… Unless these are armed guards, this would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
Response: Same as #12. Response: This is already in place. Do you really think a bunch of Washington bureaucrats can teach local law enforcement how to handle local crisis situations! This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
Response: This is an expansion of Obamacare and needs to go through Congress and not be merely a dictate. What will be the financial impact on health insurance premiums? Is there a better way to provide this assistance? Will the ACLU continue to block holding a patient over 72 hours? By itself this is just another power grab under Obamacare. This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within Affordable Care Act exchanges.
Response: Same as #20 This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
22. Commit to finalizing mental-health parity regulations.
Response: Same as #20 This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sibelius and Duncan on mental health.
Response: How about stop masking antisocial behavior by our young children using drugs like Ritalin which only masks the behavioral issues until the federal education system can graduate them out of being their problem!!! This is Nuts. No pun intended. I think we understand mental health problems and the consequences for letting mentally ill roam free and unchecked. This is an attempt to provide Sibelius and Duncan with a way to indoctrinate citizens and children with the administration’s leftist propaganda on mental illness… This would not have prevented either the Aurora or Newtown killings.
The heavy lifting to eliminate private gun ownership will come in the next few months. Harry Reid may or may not shoot down Obama’s call for an outright ban on high-capacity clips and “assault rifles” and put the problem to the House Republicans. If this passes the Senate and not the House, then look to Obama to take unilateral action to eliminate the clips and rifles. If something happens to either Supreme Court Justice Scalia, Alito, Thomas and maybe even Kennedy the new leftist court would not declare Obama’s overriding of the 2nd Amendment unconstitutional. He has 4 years to wait this out along with his encroachment on the 1st Amendment Freedom of Religion usurpation thought Obamacare.