The make-up of the House of Representatives after the 2012 election is as critical as the Presidential election. The House controls the purse strings so embedding more fiscal conservatives/Tea Party conservatives is vital to taking back the House and re-establishing a fiscally sound Federal Government. Further, we need to make sure that Speaker Boehner is retired and replaced by an ARTICULATE CONSERVATIVE like Michelle Bachmann.
There is a young women, Mia Love, (http://www.love4utah.com/) running for the newly created district 4th Congressional District in Utah. She is a staunch conservative and the daughter of Haitian immigrants who gave her a solid conservative foundation and a drive to serve. She is a graduate of the University of Hartford who has served two terms as a city council person and Mayor in the city of Saratoga Springs.
To solidify her committment to core conservative values and a sense of duty to her country, her father once said to her:
“Mia, your mother and I never took a handout. You will not be a burden to society. You will give back.”
What caused this mother of 3 to get involved in Politics?
- She opposes the removal of “Under God” in our Pledge of Allegiance.
- On the Black Caucus: “It’s demagoguery. They sit there and ignite emotions and ignite racism when there isn’t. They use their positions to instill fear. Hope and change are turned into fear and blame. Fear that everybody is going lose everything and blaming Congress for everything instead of taking responsibility.”
- About the Tea Party: “I have yet to meet a tea party member who wants to see me “hanging on a tree,” as U.S. Rep. Andre Carson of Indiana recently suggested. He says the tea party considers me a second-class citizen. In truth, as a black conservative woman in Utah, I have been welcomed into the arms of a freedom-loving movement. The tea party reflects the principles of freedom and prosperity black Americans have long fought to win.
- Department of Education and Energy: Mia has said she would abolish the Department of Education and the Department of Energy, delegating their responsibilities to the states.
- Regulations and Energy Exploration: Mia would slash regulations and open up federal land to energy drilling.
- The Legacy She wants to create: “I had a front-row seat for two people living the American dream. I will not stand by as we leave our children a legacy of debt and dependency.”
This may be only one House seat but every seat that is held by a Tea Party Conservative is one we can rely on. Click on the link below and support Mia and help elect here in 2012.
Mia’s Website: http://www.love4utah.com
Donate to Mia: https://mialove.nationbuilder.com/donations1