It was refreshing to hear from a true statesman, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, and one which we can be proud to say that was partially formed by his education and experiences here in the US. The Prime Minister swept away all of the usual platitudes and soundbites politicians use to lay out the key facts and conditions surrounding the Israeli-Arab standoffs and the specifics about peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
Here are a few exerpts from his speech:
- “Israel has no better friend than America. And America has no better friend than Israel.”
- My friends, you don’t need to do nation building in Israel. We’re already built”.
- “You don’t need to export democracy to Israel. We’ve already got it.”
- You don’t need to send American troops to defend Israel. We defend ourselves.
- (Arab Spring) “These extraordinary scenes in Tunis and Cairo, evoke those of Berlin and Prague in 1989. Yet as we share their hopes, but we also must also remember that those hopes could be snuffed out as they were in Tehran in 1979”.
- “Israel has always embraced this path (freedom and tolerance), the Middle East has long rejected it. In a region where women are stoned, gays are hanged, Christians are persecuted, Israel stands out”.
- “Of the 300 million Arabs in the Middle East and North Africa, only Israel’s Arab citizens enjoy real democratic rights. I want you to stop for a second and think about that. Of those 300 million Arabs, less than one-half of one-percent are truly free, and they’re all citizens of Israel!”
- “This startling fact reveals a basic truth: Israel is not what is wrong about the Middle East. Israel is what is right about the Middle East.”
- (Iran) “For the greatest danger facing humanity could soon be upon us: A militant Islamic regime armed with nuclear weapons”.
- “This is why I ask you to continue to send an unequivocal message: That America will never permit Iran to develop nuclear weapons.”
- We are a nation that rose from the ashes of the Holocaust. When we say never again, we mean never again. Israel always reserves the right to defend itself.”
- “In Judea and Samaria, the Jewish people are not foreign occupiers.”
- (The Key to Peace) “So why has peace not been achieved? Because so far, the Palestinians have been unwilling to accept a Palestinian state, if it meant accepting a Jewish state alongside it.”
- I stood before my people, and I told you it wasn’t easy for me, and I said… “I will accept a Palestinian state.” It is time for President Abbas to stand before his people and say… “I will accept a Jewish state.”
- As for Jerusalem, only a democratic Israel has protected freedom of worship for all faiths in the city. Jerusalem must never again be divided. Jerusalem must remain the united capital of Israel.”
- So I say to President Abbas: Tear up your pact with Hamas! Sit down and negotiate! Make peace with the Jewish state! And if you do, I promise you this. Israel will not be the last country to welcome a Palestinian state as a new member of the United Nations. It will be the first to do so.
We need to stand behind Israel once and for all and tell the Middle East that if they want peace, quit supporting terrorist organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah and do what is right for their people. We need to tell the Middle East to quit turning a blind eye to the state sponsored anarchy and terror by Iran who meddle in every Middle Eastern conflict. We need to tell those Middle Eastern and African nations that are undergoing transformations that they need to choose liberty over a substitute tyranny.
We need to tell our President to distance himself from the anti-Israeli rhetoric spewed by his advisors such as Samantha Power who has Power also advocated that America send “a mammoth protection force” and an “external intervention”, to impose a settlement between Israel and the Palestinians. In other words, the US should invade Israel and create a two state solution that she likes! This President has surrounded himself with a host of anti-Israel advisors who are bent on the dissolution of the State of Israel and a total appeasement to the radical Muslims in the Middle East. This is a time for sanity, not an imposition of a radical, Progressive anti-Israeli stance by the US.
Full Transcript and Link to the Video: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/05/24/video-and-transcript-benjamin-netanyahus-speech-congress#ixzz1NJsqiqeH