Geithner said today that he is CERTAIN that
- another financial catastrophe is on the way
- that there is no way of reaching agreement on the debt ceiling
- that an agreement on the debt ceiling would have to include increasing taxes on the wealthy (If you confiscated every cent made by the wealthy in a given year you could not balance Obama’s proposed 2012 Budget! Then who do you tax next year?)
He also blamed you for the last financial catastrophe when he said that:
“Americans as a group borrowed a huge amount of debt,”
”There was indiscriminate pushing of credit into the fringes of the spectrum.”
You actually had the audacity to defend TARP and say that the final cost to US SUCKERS will be under $100B!
- You, have committed US to a total of $627,534,603,101 so far
- The banks have been sent $572,774,106,739 so far
- They have Repaid so far $258,791,393,531 so far
- The BANKS STILL OWE WE TAXPAYERS $313,982,713,208
- Last time I checked $314B is higher than $100B by a long shot. Maybe even more than 3 times! On top of that, those fine financial institutions like Freddie and Fannie are in tip-top shape right? Yea right!
Hey, JERK, ever hear of:
- Sub Prime Loans that your progressive buddies forced onto this economy creating the biggest housing bubble and crash in history?
- Your Wall Street buddies creating derivatives based on sub prime loans that were worthless the day they were signed?
- Your administration making all institutions “Banks” like American Express, GMAC, Goldman Sachs and others so your buddies could receive TARP funds ands be eligible to receive sweetheart loans from the FED?
- Freddie and Fannie paying out millions in bonuses to themselves after they cooked the books showing profits when the institutions were really insolvent?
- Your forcing OUR banks into insolvency so we could not refinance our homes in a timely manner only to “give” OUR banks’ assets to the big Six Banks (Wells, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Chase, and Morgan Stanley, for literally pennies on the dollar?
This is from a guy who is either a thief and a tax evader, my choice, or the biggest dummy in the face of this earth who did not understand the Ex-pat rules for reporting income from overseas employment. If the Republicans in Congress had a “hair on their collective $@$s”, they would be clamoring for this guys removal. But then, who would Obama put in as his replacement? Yes, another spend more than you have progressive. Would the Republicans in the Senate? Absolutely not. McCain would be up saying that these appointments are the right of the President. IF that is so big John, why did the founders give the Senate the duty to approve of these appointments…?