If you were on the left and wondered why Obama has not lived up to his promises to close Guantanamo, get out of Iraq and end the Afghanistan war, you are obviously upset with Obama. Those of you on the left must really be boiling over today’s news that Obama, Cameron, and Sarkozy have agreed that REGIME CHANGE IN LIBYA, THE OUTRIGHT OUSTER OF GADAFFI, IS OUR GOAL IN LIBYA. Today, the Dailymail reported:
“In a joint article, the British, American and French leaders warned that it would be an ‘unconscionable betrayal’ were Nato to stop bombing with the dictator still in power.
Gadaffi must ‘go and go for good’ before rebuilding of the country could begin, they said, rejecting calls for an immediate ceasefire.”
- I thought Obama was opposed to “Regime Change” as it is an “act of American arrogance”.
- I thought Obama believed that DIPLOMACY was the first line of offence in dealing with world problems. I guess we missed the footnote that this policy did not include Libya.
- I thought that Obama believed that adherence to UN Resolutions was essential to being a “good global citizen”. I re-read the UN Resolution approving action of NATO in Libya and it did not include “Regime Change”.
On top of these hypocrisies, someone should remind Obama that he was elected the President of our Republic, not KING. He and his minions have failed miserably in describing to we, the people, what the heck we are doing in Libya, what is our goal, and how far we are committed to going in Libya. So much for transparency. It is sad that we no longer have an objective media so that the American People, Right or Left, could really understand what we are doing in Libya as well as other hot spots around the world. This insanity has to stop.
The other headlines for Libya today included:
- NATO Seeks to Bridge Differences Over More Libya Attack Jets to Aid Rebels: NATO still in disarray over what they are supposed to do or what they are going to do. There is no leadership in this conflict and we appear to be weaker than ever.
- U.S., Allies Raise Ante on Ouster of Gadhafi: Forget the UN Resolution, we are going to do whatever it takes to oust Gaddafi.
- U.S., allies see Libyan rebels in hopeless disarray: So who will take over when we oust Gaddafi? Exit Strategy?
- Libya Rebels Seek $2 Billion Loan, Allies Ponder Next Steps: Wow, we really backed a winner here, or are we backing them? I guess we will have to wait for the “pondering” to be completed…
Elections do matter and we need to understand our candidates before we pull the lever. Good Looks, charisma, Great Oratory, may be enviable traits but they do not have anything to do with being able to govern. Before you blindly follow Obama again, or Trump in the next election, you better understand what is behind the “curtain”. It is really simple. We all live our beliefs. How does your favorite candidate live everyday? Does he or she always speak of and live by principles or does he or she change their stances based on popular opinion. Do you truly subscribe to that person’s principles?
Unfortunately, we have become a “Sound Bite” nation and tend to follow slogans rather than principled beliefs. The former is easier and the latter actually requires you to dig in and research your decisions.