One of the only positive outcomes of the union sponsored anarchy taking place at the behest of this Administration, the Democrat Party, and its lackies, the public sector unions, in Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states, is that maybe the American People, and its taxpayers, will see public sector unions for what they are, THE EXTORTIONIST ARM OF THE PROGRESSIVE LEFT. President Franklin Roosevelt recognized the dangers of public sector unionization and the recent threats by Wisconsin Public Unions against private sector individuals and businesses proves that he was correct.
President Franklin Roosevelt said in a letter to Mr. Luther C. Steward, President, National Federation of Federal Employees, on August 16, 1937, that:
- “All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service.”
- “The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations.”
- “The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.”
He went on to state his views on the militant behavior of unions, the duties of public employees toward the public, and their right to strike or otherwise engage in the stoppage of their work and the functioning of Government:
- “Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of Government employees.”
- “Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of Government activities.”
- “Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied.”
Two days ago, the public sector unions representing police officers and sheriff deputies, fire fighters, and teachers sent a threatening letter to Wisconsin businesses threatening them with repercussions if they do not support the public sector unions. The letter stated in part:
Now, if this threat came from the United Auto Workers or a private sector union, it would be bad enough. But when you are threatened by the police and sheriff deputies, and the fire fighters you rely on to protect your person, your family and your business, that is a whole different level of intimidation and threat. Further, these threats are being made by the very teachers who are supposed to educate the children of business owners and their employees. What repercussions would be leveled against their children by these union thugs dressed up like teachers.
Many years ago the progressive left understood how they could use public sector unions to launder money for their campaign war chests. It is a wonderful scheme if you are a democrat candidate and not a tax payer, or someone who needs police or fire protection, or someone who sends their kids to public school. Here is the simple two-step money laundering scheme:
Get democrats to vote on the pro-public sector union agenda including, collective bargaining, high salaries, control over the work environment, premium pension plans, premium health plans (that the states buy from the union insurance companies), and FORCED COLLECTION OF UNION DUES FROM THE EMPLOYEES BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, THE STATES, OR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS.
The Unions create Political Action Committees and send most of the union dues over to these PACs so the PACs can donate directly to democrat candidates insuring that #1 above keeps going and democrats keep voting a pro-union agenda.
So where is the taxpayer in all of this. YEP, YOU ARE SCREWED! It is time to put the citizen’s interest first in front of public sector workers. The sad part is that the vast majority of public sector workers started out in their jobs committed to public service, and many still are. But what you are and have witnessed in Wisconsin and Ohio is a complete reversal of allegiance, by some public employees, from service to the public to adherence to the union. It is particularly disturbing when heads of these unions directly threaten private citizens if those citizens do not support them against their own elected officials. This is worse than Mafia intimidation as it is coming from YOUR OWN POLICE OFFICERS, FIRE FIGHTERS, AND TEACHERS.
Make sure you have no illusions on where Obama stands in this fight. HE IS SQUARELY, AND PROUDLY ON THE SIDE OF THE UNIONS, NOT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES WHOM HE SWORE TO DEFEND AND PROTECT. He said during his campaign that he would, AS PRESIDENT, be in the streets with union workers demanding their voice be heard and their desires met. After all, that is the only job he has ever really held before, organizing communities against “the man”. Guess what, he is “the man” but his allegiance is backward.
If have included links to Roosevelt’s letter to the head of the union as well as a link to the union’s letter threatening a Mr. Tom Ellis, President of Marshall & Ilsley Corporation, in Milwaukee. There is more at stake in this fight than just collective bargaining. It is taking back the money laundering scheme that has totally corrupted the once honorable democrat party led by those like President Franklin Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy. This may be the last opportunity to start to reverse this cancer that has infected and corroded the halls of congress.