State of the Union Speech? OR State of a Disoriented Person!
Last night was pretty pathetic for an orator touted to be able to lower the seas and cool the planet. He could barely transition from one paragraph to another and even then what was the point of the message? Sputnik? He has to draw on a challenge we had in 1957? At least Bush was only about 11 years old then so it could not have been his fault, maybe! Obama acted like the last election never took place and his policies are not to blame for the staggering deficits and an economy that has no base line strength from which to recover.
Probable the least coherent part were his “new” programs which are just re-runs of the last two years. His renewed interest in spending and his continued fiscal goals are mind-boggling given the state of this economy.
- No interest in making the Bush Tax Cuts permanent: Republicans have to hammer this home after caving in December. the cuts have to be made permanent for everyone and even further cuts are critical.
- Obama would cut corporate tax rates as long as it did not increase the deficit: WOW, how big of him. Republicans should push to peg our corporate tax rates to 50% of the average rates for EU nations and Japan. The deficit will only go down when Obama and Congress quits spending. Employment and jobs will go up when companies can trust a return on their investment in the US.
- Obama wants to Freeze Spending for 5 years! WOW. We are spending ourselves in to fiscal bankruptcy and he wants to FREEZE OUR DRIVE TOWARDS BANKRUPTCY! Republicans have to cut the 2011 budget to 208 levels, then the 2012 budget to 2006 levels and continue on until we are once again solvent and are grandchildren are out of OUR DEBT.
- Obama wants to “INVEST” (SPEND) more for infrastructure like high-speed rail. And how has that worked out for you so far? 9.6% unemployment, skyrocketing debt, and global condemnation of our fiscal policy. Republicans have to stop all of this spending on infrastructure and get this government under control and back on a stable track.
- Pundits, “Obama is leaping toward the Right”: Really?
- Is he volunteering to stop Obamacare so we can develop a true market based solution to healthcare? NO
- Is he talking about cutting, real cuts, to government spending? NO
- Is he talking about rolling back idiotic regulations that push Cap and Trade: NO
- Is he talking about rolling back the drilling moratorium that have killed our domestic energy production? NO
- Is he talking about rolling back idiotic regulations on the coal mining industry that is shutting down one facility after another? NO
- Is he talking about rolling back idiotic regulations on Federal Water Policy that is crippling Agriculture? NO
- Is he talking about rolling back his PRO UNION mandates requiring all workers on federal projects pay union dues whether they are in the Union or Not? NO
- Is he talking about rolling back his Law Suits against States who are trying to protect their own borders because Obama won’t? NO
This list could go on for decades! The bottom line is that Obama’s rhetoric is moving to the center as IT DID WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.
It will be interesting to see if voters fall for this charade once again at a time when we could ill afford 4 more years of SOCIALIZED GOVERNMENT and FISCAL SUICIDE.