While we were mourning the loss of the 6 innocent victims of the Tuscon shootings and praying for those who survived near mortal wounds, our world did not stop and the mainstream media was able to sidestep all of the negative news stories that reflect badly on this Administration. Some of those stories included:
- Totally took the momentum and focus away from the Republican controlled House and their agenda for the 112th Congress.
- The US National Debt stands at $14.01 Trillion dollars up 70% since 2006 when the Left took over Congress. The debt ceiling has been reached and the Congress will have to raise the debt ceiling yet again.
- Housing foreclosures in 2010 exceeded 1,000,000 homes.
- The forecast for 2011 home foreclosures is expected to exceed 1,200,000 homes, that is a 20% increase!
- 5 million homeowners are at least 2 payments behind in their mortgages.
- Oil Prices soar to nearly $100/barrel pushing gasoline prices over $3.00 nationally and over $3.50 in California.
- January unemployment remains above 10% with the Underemployment rate rose from 17.2% to 17.3%.
- World Commodity prices continue to rise for grains, cotton, oil, and other commodities and are at all time highs for some commodities. World food prices will have to start reflecting these higher costs and will most certainly feed the inflationary beast.
- Global Freedom declined for the 5th straight year as world governments continue to centralize more control over their citizens. The US is ranked NINTH!
- Americans will no longer be able to use their flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines (with the exception of insulin).
- The FCC continues forward with their controls over the Internet.
- The Commerce Department is creating regulations to create a single UserId and Password for YOU to access the Internet in a central government database.
- We are stepping up a “quiet surge” in Afghanistan as we are losing ground there and Obama’s self-imposed deadline for withdrawal is rapidly approaching.
- The 112th Congress postponed the vote to repeal Obamacare.
Americans should ask themselves in the wake of constant news coverage for a single topic for 6 straight days what they are missing that is going on outside of the current news event. Without sounding like a conspiracy nut, these new cycles have a dual purpose. In this case they took the momentum of the last election off of the national stage; killed any momentum that the Republican House majority had in pushing their programs; Gave Obama a chance to redeem his leadership by becoming the focus of the Tuscon Memorial rather than the actual victims; and buried a whole host of economic indicators that point to the abject economic failures of this administration.
What you Don’t Know can hurt you!
Freedom: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.b7ab9f89dccc945f6545ca445a6fac5a.4a1&show_article=1; http://www.heritage.org/index/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning%2BBell