We are about to celebrate Thanksgiving. This is a good opportunity to stop and reflect on our blessings, as well as to commit ourselves to making our nation great once again so future Thanksgiving holidays for our future generations of Americans will be celebrated with even more reasons to express gratitude.
- We can still worship at a church, synagogue, or mosque of our choosing every day or once a week or not at all.
- We can still express ourselves openly in open forums such as blogs, meetings, rallies, and other venues.
- We can still own our own firearms and use them for sport or for protection.
- We can still own property and are free to move about the country.
- We can still look at one another and know that each of us are among the most generous people on earth.
- We can all be proud of our young men and women in the military and thank our God for them.
- While almost 1 in 5 of us are without jobs, there are friends, relatives and neighbors in our communities ready to help out the less fortunate.
- By all standards, we live in a country were all are equal.
For these things, and many more, we are truly thankful to our God for allowing us to live in this great country.
With our Thanksgiving should also come a time of reflection.
- Is our Country, our State, our County, or our City really what we think they should be?
- Do you really feel free to express yourself openly without fear of legal or social reprisal?
- Do you really feel that you are in control over you own life and the lives of your family?
- Do you really believe that today you can do and be anything you want to be?
- Do you feel like others are taking from you and giving it to others without any say from you?
- Do you feel like you have a voice in the governing of this country?
There are many other things we need to include in our time of reflection. However, after any level of introspection and reflection, I believe most of us would judge our current government and its control over our lives as overbearing and non-responsive to our will. If this is where you are, take this occasion to thank your Lord for his many blessings and then commit to doing everything you can to change the direction of this country.
We had a good start during the 2010 Midterm Elections but that is only a small step. In the coming months you will be watching as more and more of your personal and collective freedoms are eroded by this government. We only have 11 months to prepare for the next election and that will be the tipping point of our democracy. Either we choose to continue down the path to progressive socialism or we regain control over the government and enforce the letter and intent of the US Constitution. It is our choice. It will not be easy nor without sacrifice.
Remember Psalm 136:1 on this Thanksgiving Day:
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good”.
Our bounty did not come from Washington DC. It came and comes from God alone. Our Founding Fathers understood that perfectly.
Our Founding Fathers were committed to their cause. Revelations 3:16 says
“So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth”
Don’t be reluctant to speak your mind on issues. Join others in Tea Parties or your State Caucuses.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.