We have to Block this in the Senate.
Obama Used the Gulf Oil Spill to Get this Voted on in the House.
I had started writing an article excoriating the Left for another Give-A-Way of America to the United Nations when HR 3524 passed the house on July 30, 20102. Then I looked into the voting details and almost NUKED my laptop! The final house vote was:
Yea: 209 2
Nay: 193 154
Present: 1 1
Not Voting 30 21
When you do the math, if all of the republicans had showed up for the vote and voted NAY and if California Representative Gary Miller had voted NAY instead of PRESENT, the bill would have been defeated 215-209. It would have been nice if Michigan Representative Vernon Ehlers and Illinois Representative Tim Johnson would have voted NAY rather than YEA, but we would not have needed them anyway. However, the Tea Parties in Michigan and Illinois should remember their vote.
How often have you heard politicians railing against you the voter for your apathy and your low turnouts. Well DUH! Our own Party cannot get enough members to show up to defeat one of worst laws in this Congress, of which there are many. Below are the members who did NOT SHOW up to vote:
P Griffith, AZ 5 P Hoekstra, MI-2 G Davis, KY-4
J Campbell, CA-48 H Brown, SC-1 S Buyer, IN-4
R Blunt, MO-7 J Barrett, SC-3 W Akin, MO-2
S Johnson, TX-3 J Linder, GA-7 K McCarthy, CA-22
H McKeon, CA-25 J Moran, KS-1 D Nunez, CA-21
G Radanovich, CA-19 M Rodgers, MI-8 J Shadegg, AZ-3
T Tiahart, KS-4 Z Wamp, TN-3 CW Young, AK-0
If you live in any one of these Congressman’s districts, please contact them and tell them to pay attention and show up for key votes. Votes on Key Legislation Do Matter! DUH!
- So, what did these Republicans vote FOR by Not Showing UP? Below are just a few of the key point from the
- New Bureaucracy Created: Creates another new bureaucracy: Department of the Interior the Office of Federal Energy and Minerals Leasing.
- Derogation of the Constitution: The US Constitution REQUIRES that ALL Treaties be ratified by a 2/3 margin in the Senate. This bill gets around the constitution by requiring adherence to the UN’s Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST, you can’t make this stuff up!). There is no limit or oversight as to what the UN may do under the guise of this treaty in the future.
- What’s In the LOST Treaty?: The LOST treaty has been bouncing around for a while. President Bush supported it in 2005. When this treaty first came up in the 1980’s, President Reagan vigorously opposed this treaty as a giveaway of our sovereignty. From World Net Daily in 2005, “President Reagan rejected the pact, and his ambassador to the U.N., Jeane Kirkpatrick, said it was viewed as the cornerstone of a New International Economic Order that would transfer money and technology from the U.S. and other developed countries to the Third World.” 1 Its scope is unbelievable: 1 “The treaty explicitly governs (By the United Nations) seven-tenths of the world’s surface and permits international rules and regulations concerning economic and industrial activities on the land area of the world in order to combat global warming and other perceived pollution dangers.” http://www.usasurvival.org/ck42705.shtml
- Higher Gasoline Costs to You: Section 802 penalizes US Oil Producers by assessing a Fee of $2 per barrel of oil and 20 cents per million BTUs of natural gas for all leases on Federal onshore and offshore lands. In short, our domestic oil will cost our companies more to produce than their foreign based competitors. You are already averaging $0.47/gallon in Federal Taxes on your gasoline. Gasoline will go up even more if this bill or its Senate version is adopted by the Senate.
- $900M Cost Per Year to 2040: The bill mandates that $27 Billion dollars be allocated to the Land and Water Conservation fund over the next 30 years. This law commits future congresses to spending this money now and requires no further votes for appropriations. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-stewardship-ocean-our-coasts-and-great-lakesEliminates
- Current Fishery Management: This bill will reverse our current fishery management strategy by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Secretary of Commerce (can’t have capitalist interest involved), and the various Regional Fishery Management Councils. Our current management team will be replaced by the National Ocean Council (even though they have control over the Great Lakes) made up of Obama radicals, Nancy Sutley, White House Council on Environmental Quality and Dr. John P. Holdren, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy. (If you like scary novels, read John P. Holdren’s papers) These two are the most radical environmentalists in the Obama Administration and that is saying a lot!
We get so focused on the 24-7 news cycles that we sometime lose sight of the dangerous activities by the Obama Administration and his co-conspirators in the House and Senate. You have to keep in mind that their agenda is global socialization and they are working everyday to accomplish this goal whether through extra constitutional methods or constitutionally appropriate methods. They really do not care how it gets done as long as it gets done.
When you read blogs like this, check them out, check the facts, and if you think they are accurate, SHARE THEM IMMEDIATELY. We are the last line of defense.
Other Light reading on the topic: Interim Report Of The Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force September 10, 2009: http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/documents/09_17_09_Interim_Report_of_Task_Force_FINAL2.pdf