The pastor of the Florida Dove Outreach Center is apparently not going to exercise his constitutional right free speech by burning a Qur’an as a sign of protest. While I condemn all forms of defacement of national flags, religious symbols, houses of worship etc., I find the quick reaction by Obama to be the epitome of hypocrisy when compared to the expressions of protests by various Muslim and other Anti-America groups. As an American, I defend Americans first.
- Obama thinks that it is the right of the Moslems to build their mosque near ground zero. This is clearly a slap in the face to America by those Islamic interests who want to remind us that we were brought under their submission if even for just a few days. Why didn’t our President exercise the good judgment to have a private conversation with Imam Rauf and request they he not build his mosque near ground zero as it may OFFEND AMERICANS?
- Obama thinks that it is OK for the Afghans to chant “Death to Christians” or when the Afghans when they burn the American Flag in the Streets of Afghanistan. We have propped up this country for 6 years and are bailing out their banking system and rebuilding their entire country. Do you think maybe a call from Obama to President Karzai might be in order?
- Obama thinks that it is OK for Reverend J. Wright to should out “G… Damn America”. Why didn’t he flatly denounce this rhetoric along with all of the rest of the hate spewed by this “minister” of God.
- Obama does not decry the Iranians when they march in the street with their “Death to America”. Instead, Obama said in his campaign that he would meet with their whack job President Ahmadinejad, anytime, and without pre-conditions.
- Obama did not decry the statements and chants in Pakistan1; “If Qur’an is burned, it would be beginning of destruction of America,” read one English-language banner held up by the protesters, who chanted “Down with America!”. Why didn’t Obama pick up the phone and tell the President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari to Calm down the protestors? After all, we ship them billions of dollars every year to house, I mean oppose, the Taliban.
- Obama did not ask the Muslims when they plan attacks against the west to “listen to those better angels” like he urged the Rev. Terry Jones, the pastor of the Florida church who plans to burn a Qur’an in protest of the Ground Zero Mosque plans. How about asking Nidal Malik Hasan, the accused murderer of 13 soldiers along with the wounding of 30 more at Fort Hood, to ask his Better Angels if he should apologize to the victim’s families? How about asking Faisal Shahzad to ask his Better Angels if he should apologize to the America for the attempted bombing at Times Square at Christmas that could have killed or injured 100’s of Americans.?
- Obama did not condemn the not so veiled threats by Imam Rauf when he said during his CNN interview by Soledad Obrien last night (9/8/10)2: “…he must build there (Ground Zero) despite angry protests (American) in order to defend America and its citizens against a “danger from the radicals in the Muslim world to our national security.” This egotistical Imam went on to disparage the 70% of the American Public who do not want the mosque built at Ground Zero by saying; ”If we move from that location, the story will be that the radicals (Americans) have taken over the discourse,” Why didn’t Obama call Rauf up and quietly explain to him that Americans are NOT the RADICALS; that if “radicals in the Muslim world” threaten our citizens, they will be dealt with in an appropriate manner?
I also recognize that the proposed burning of the Qur’an was denounced by conservatives such as Sarah Palin and the Rev. Franklin Graham. I too denounced the proposed action.
BUT, WE ALSO OPPOSE SIMILAR ACTIONS BY ISLAMIC GROUPS AND OTHER ANTI-AMERICAN GROUPS AROUND THE WORLD AND AT HOME, EVERYTIME, ALL OF THE TIME.
Obama only sees the evils of the West, Christianity, and Western Civilization.
Why on earth would Obama ever want to be president of such a decadent nation as the United States of America?
1 From an AP Report, “FBI agents visit Florida church over Qur’an burn” 9/09/2010 By ANTONIO GONZALEZ and MITCH STACY
2CNN Larry King Live Show; 9/9/2010; Interview of Imam Rauf by Soledad Obrien.