The Heritage Foundation’s Morning Bell, which I support wholeheartedly, spent quite a bit of time proving that Obama lied when he told the American People that the new Healthcare reform mandates were not a tax so he could slither under the wire in breaking his campaign promise not to tax anyone making less than $250K.
The left wing bloggers spent one whole day ecstatic that Sarah Palin misspoke (typed) when she used the word Refudiate rather than Repudiate. You can bet it is in the Democrat Party quiver (arrows not tremors) for the next election cycle.
The missing points on both sides are the larger issues themselves. Did Obama lie about the new healthcare bill not being a tax on Americans? Of course he did. Did he also lie about?
- The new healthcare bill will not increase the deficit (too many dates to cite) (Better check with the CBO or any 2nd grade arithmetic class. Actually forget the CBO, go straight to the 2nd grade)
- Under the new healthcare bill, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions and federal conscious laws will remain in effect, (whatever that means.) (The words Federal and Conscious don’t belong that close together.)
- The classic, the debate on the healthcare bill will be carried on C-SPAN (must have missed that show. Maybe next time they could at least have the Republicans vote on sending one delegate into the smoke filled room. I am sure they could find room for Lindsay Graham.)
- Obama said he did not support a single payer healthcare system (better erase all of the copies of his 2003 speech at the AFL-CIO conference)
- The healthcare bill will pay for itself. (Good, when you get the bill for you insurance coverage, just send the bill to the Whitehouse.)
- We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil. (June 2010) (Gee, how about Alaska, California, East Texas, Oklahoma, etc.. And those are just the land sites.)
- I am immediately instituting PayGo (June 9th, 2009) (wow, that did not last long unless I just misinterpreted who the payer is. Of course, he Goes and we Pay)
- I will not rest until the BP Oil Spill Stops. (May 26th, 2010) (He did not actually lie, he has been on several vacations, hosted several non-state oriented parties, played lots of golf, but he never rested)
The larger point here is that we have a president who will say and do anything to “sell” his agenda items to the American public. He is a very effective speaker so if he said “The sun is not coming up tomorrow”, 40% of the American people would not get out of bed tomorrow. I am not sure of the last time I heard anything he said that was actually accurate or totally true. The scary part is that he does not care! The ends justify the means. Couple this with his view of the Constitution being a “…flawed document”, and you have a recipe for a Constitutional Crisis of horrific proportions.
The larger point on Sarah Palin’s tweet was the callousness of the left and the radical Muslim community in erecting a Mosque near Ground Zero. (See my earlier blog, “Sorry PC & Jihadist Crowd, Build Your Mosque Elsewhere”) Rather than debate her content, the left unleashed personal attacks on her which apparently is the only response they have. Serious debate is no longer possible with the left as at some point they feel compelled to revert to personal attacks. This is the time when they run out of talking points. The larger point here is that when the left fears an opponent, they revert to character assassination and they do not limit their attack to just the person, but their families and even sometimes, their personal handicaps. They have attacked Sara’s Down syndrome child, her daughters, her husband, and they have even negatively generalized about Alaskans. They snicker about her having 5 children like that is some kind of intelligence issue. (Love to see a ticket of Palin-Bachman, between them they have 10 children and one grandchild! That would drive NOW crazy)
The LARGEST POINT to both of these events is that the left’s Progressive movement will lie about their goals, objectives, programs, and plans on the one hand,
and use personal attacks to destroy anyone who stands in their way on the other.
This strategy is deliberate, and is very effective when viewed in the context of the last election. In the next 100 days leading up to the November Mid-Term elections, you will hear Obama say things that contradict what you know to be true just months, weeks or days ago. When needed, he and the left will personally attack people like Sharon Angle in Nevada; Michelle Bachman in Minnesota; Carly Fiorina in California, and Sarah Palin for helping with campaigns. Remember also that they have hard core support from about 30% of the electorate. It is not a stretch for them to pull in the other 20% they need to win and control the outcome. The single largest advantage they have is the establishment media. Those of us who watch Fox and listen to talk radio too often assume everyone else is so informed as well. This is not the case at all. Far too many still watch the evening news on ABC, NBC, CBS etc or God forbid, watch interviews by people like Bob Schieffer who is not even aware of many major events going on in our country. (Sunday’s “interview” with Eric Holder by Bob and the absence of Bob’s questions for Holder regarding the Justice Department’s handling of the NBP’s voter intimidation case)
Mark Twain had a couple of quotes that we may want to keep in mind as the Mid-Terms approach:
(The left will misquote facts without batting an eye)
(No need to comment further)
(Get to a quiet place and stop to think of what you can do to insure we take back our country in November)